Life is all about those small victories, right? Whether it is that long bucket list, those big career goals, our weight loss (inch by inch or pound by pound), academic goals, family goals, relationship goals or life-long dream goals. Everyone has a few of those over the top, out of this world dreams that seem unattainable but we still work each and everyday to achieve. How can we reach those goals: is it the small victories or the big victories?
For me, I have a hard time appreciating the small victories, it's probably due to my choleric temperament. I lack patience, which I try to work on everyday! So my "goal" is to focus on the small victories. Whether it's success in business (even just the small triumphs), a boost in my health goals or little step towards daily acts of patience. Because truly, in the long run, it is the small victories that create the larger accomplishments.
Sauce of Life Tips:
1. Appreciate the beginning of each new day. The rising of the sun gives hope for new life.
2. If your goals revolve around weight loss or getting healthier, then focus on it one day at a time. Set a long term goal, but don't be too hard on yourself if you fail to reach it fast. Good things come in small boxes, meaning it takes time!
3. Set realistic ambitions. We all have crazy dreams, but make sure to plan practical goals that will help us attain those life-long ambitions eventually.
4. Everything is within your reach, but with hard work and patience. (Yes, I need to practice what I preach!)
5. Not everything in life is about you. Set goals that also benefit others, whether through acts of charity or acts of mercy. We are all in this together, so work for the well-being of your neighbors too!
6. Most importantly: LOVE LIFE! Stop taking it so seriously; eventually you will miss out on what true joy, true love and true wellness really are. Life is what you make it, so make it worthwhile!