Monday, February 25, 2013

Small Victories: Take Them Inch By Inch

Written By: Ooh La La (Danielle Silva Heckenkamp)

Life is all about those small victories, right?  Whether it is that long bucket list, those big career goals, our weight loss (inch by inch or pound by pound), academic goals, family goals, relationship goals or life-long dream goals.  Everyone has a few of those over the top, out of this world dreams that seem unattainable but we still work each and everyday to achieve.  How can we reach those goals: is it the small victories or the big victories?

Credit: Success



For me, I have a hard time appreciating the small victories, it's probably due to my choleric temperament.  I lack patience, which I try to work on everyday!  So my "goal" is to focus on the small victories.  Whether it's success in business (even just the small triumphs), a boost in my health goals or little step towards daily acts of patience.  Because truly, in the long run, it is the small victories that create the larger accomplishments.



Sauce of Life Tips:

1. Appreciate the beginning of each new day.  The rising of the sun gives hope for new life.

2. If your goals revolve around weight loss or getting healthier, then focus on it one day at a time.  Set a long term goal, but don't be too hard on yourself if you fail to reach it fast.  Good things come in small boxes, meaning it takes time!

3. Set realistic ambitions.  We all have crazy dreams, but make sure to plan practical goals that will help us attain those life-long ambitions eventually.

4. Everything is within your reach, but with hard work and patience.  (Yes, I need to practice what I preach!)

5. Not everything in life is about you.  Set goals that also benefit others, whether through acts of charity or acts of mercy.  We are all in this together, so work for the well-being of your neighbors too!

6. Most importantly: LOVE LIFE!  Stop taking it so seriously; eventually you will miss out on what true joy, true love and true wellness really are.  Life is what you make it, so make it worthwhile!


5 comments:

  1. I love #5....why is it that when we take the focus off of ourselves and purposely place it on others in a loving charitable way, our own goals and priorities just seem to come together anyway? I always look forward to reading your posts - oh, and the necklace came in the mail. LOVE IT!!!! My boys even said, "WOW!" when I opened it. Can't wait to wear it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Would love to see you with it on:) Take pictures:)

      Delete
  2. I absolutely agree with you ... it is the small victories. This weekend ... not my best food weekend (I'm sure the bottle and a half of wine Saturday didn't exactly help either.) I was scared to death to weigh in this morning for Slim by the Summer but I still lost 0.2 pounds. Wasn't what I expected ... it was a small victory for sure!

    ¤´¨)
    ¸.•*´
    (¸¤ Lanaya | xoxo
    www.raising-reagan.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Food was my friend this weekend, and I'm not proud of it! But I've been good today - small victories :)

    Happy Monday!

    Sheree
    The Hartungs Blog
    thehartungs.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree. Small victories indeed. I need to keep in mind all of these Sauce of Life Tips.

    ReplyDelete