5 Ways to Love Your Life!
- Wake up each morning at the same time and preferably at an early time. (Depending on your work schedule, of course). There is no reason to waste your life away in bed. Carpe Diem! Waking up a bit earlier might give you a few extra minutes that you can enjoy by yourself with a warm cup of coffee and a good book.
- Schedules are important, but they should never stress you out. If you are making a schedule to improve your chaotic lifestyle then that's a step in the right direction, but if this schedule is unrealistic and can never be achieved, don't push yourself into a state of despair. Adjust the schedule, little by little, so that it fits into your life appropriately. Remember, good things usually happen in small steps.
- Smile more, laugh more and talk more! Take a moment the next time you are at the grocery store and count how many people you see smiling, usually the clerks aren't even happy. Well isn't it best to stand out from the norm, so make a point to smile at people, make them laugh, and engage in a conversation. Not a conversation all about YOU, but about the person standing in front of you because they deserve kindness too.
- Take care of yourself. If you aren't happy about your life, your body image, your health, or your financial situation, then it's time you make changes. Of course, these changes won't happen overnight, but this is all about setting realistic goals. No one gets out of financial difficulties within 2 months, sometimes it take years or even a decade, but it can be done. Our society is based on wanting self-gratification immediately, but this is completely unrealistic. Find a friend or ask a professional for help to get you back on the right track. Never be afraid to ask for help, it's o.k. to be vulnerable.
- Good Things Take Time! Don't expect your life to change without you initiating those changes. It is easy to pick up a bad habit, but it is so much more difficult to permanently fix those bad habits. They say it takes 21 days to fix a habit, that's almost a month. Give yourself a month before giving up on your goals! At no point in our lives will we be perfectly happy. There are too many factors outside of our control, but if we make the most of our situations, work to better ourselves, and assist those around us, life will always be good!