1. Slow It Down. Don't race towards the finish line. Enjoy your drinks. It may be New Years, but the faster you drink, the quicker your night will end with you feeling horrible!
2. Know Your Limit. Keep your drinks within two glasses of your limit. Try not switch between wine, beer, mixed drinks and shots (this is never a good idea). Everyone wants a good buzz, but do you really want to be throwing up in an unknown bathroom before the clock strikes midnight?
3. Act the Part. Sometimes it can be more fun to pretend that you're drunk rather than actually being drunk. You're friends don't have to know that your playing a part, but if you can pull this off you will have more fun throughout the night, while remembering everyone else's stupidity. You might even have some fabulous stories to tell your friends the next day!
4. Full Stomachs and Hydration. Munch on appetizers throughout the night if possible. Please don't drink on an empty stomach, you won't make it past the first hour. Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate. Yes, we know you aren't working out, but if you drink water while enjoying that second glass of champagne, this will help with any potential hangover the next day.
5. PARTY LIKE IT'S 2015! Most importantly, enjoy your night with the friends and family you love! New Years is all about celebrating the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly from the previous year while welcoming in the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly for the upcoming year. Because let's be honest, as much as we want the New Year to be the best year ever, there's no guarantees so let's take the good, with the bad, and HAVE A PARTY!